“2013 Waukegan Township Scholarship”
Below you will find the eligibility requirements for the 2013 Waukegan Township Scholarship. If you should have additional questions, please contact Dulce Ortiz at 847-244-4900 or via email at email@example.com.
To be eligible for a Waukegan Township Scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled college students or any person wanting to further their post high-school education.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of Waukegan Township.
- Must have a history of extracurricular activities that demonstrates a willingness to accept leadership responsibilities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social consciousness and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
- Must submit a 500-word essay on “The Role of Local Government in Today’s Society and in the Future.”
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials or business people.
- Must submit an official high school transcript.
- Must submit a cover letter and completed application form.
- Must enroll at an Illinois school as a full-time undergraduate student.
- Must be a registered voter, providing that you are at least 18 years of age.
- The deadline for this application and required documentation is April 1, 2013.
- All applications must be RECEIVED by April 1, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- You must meet all the eligibility criteria (see eligibility criteria above).
- All parts of the application must be typed or be legible in order to be considered.
- All attachments must contain your full name and social security number..
Tags: 500 word essay, attachments, business people, citizen, civic responsibility, commitment, completed application form, cover letter, eligibility requirements, extracurricular activities, high school transcript, Illinois school, leadership responsibilities, projects, recommendation, registered voter, required documentation, resident, scholarship, social community, social security number, student government, volunteer, volunteering, Waukegan Township
About waukegan2college13Waukegan to College (W2C) is a college readiness program that was founded by Lake County United (LCU), a broad-based citizen's organization composed of roughly 35 churches, synagogues, mosques, and nonprofit organizations that work to improve the quality of life of the residents in Lake County. In July 2012, W2C launched as an independent organization and now a member institution of LCU!
- For our March Workshop, our middle school aged students learned all about note taking strategies and study methods.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- Volunteers with #W2C are "growing miracles"! So thankful for all of our dedicated, talented, wonderful volunteers! episcopalchicago.org/our-stories/th… 5 months ago
- A little can go a long way when we get together and give together today Nov.29 for #ILGive! Join the movement! ilgive.com/organizations/… 5 months ago
- It’s time to show that Illinois is full of generosity! On Nov. 29, help us celebrate #ILGive! ilgive.com/organizations/… 5 months ago
- Please donate to our #ILGIVE page! Every donation helps us in our goal to create brighter futures for our students! ilgive.com/organizations/… 6 months ago
Freshly Posted Blogs
- W2C Board of Education Lincoln Center Meeting April 26, 2013
- Waukegan To College Lake Forest Campus Visit April 26, 2013
- Being accountable (literally) for educating yourself about personal finance March 29, 2013
- Seniors step into the workforce March 29, 2013
- Taking Notes? Ha. March 29, 2013
- Breakfast: A Healthy Habit March 29, 2013
- How 8 Days With College Kids Brought Me Back to Life March 29, 2013
- W2C Students Hard at Work During Spring Break March 29, 2013
- The Family Piano Company Fundraiser March 25, 2013
- W2C Students With Perfect Attendance March 17, 2013
- W2C Leadership Lab March 17, 2013
- Parent Community Counseling “House Meeting” March 17, 2013
- W2C Tutor In The Spotlight March 17, 2013
- Waukegan To College Saturday Tutoring 16 March 2013 March 17, 2013
- Waukegan To College “Feed My Starving Children” Event March 3, 2013
Check Out Our Other Links!
Hours & Info
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am
Additional Pages For Information
- About W2C
- Board of Directors & Staff
- College Tips & Recreational Resources
- Contact Us
- Counseling & Advocacy
- Latest News Flash!
- Partners, Sponsors & Foundations
- Program Recruitment
- Read To Achieve Program
- Suggestions For Improvement
- Tutoring/Coaching & Academic Improvement
- W2C Mission
- W2C Results
- W2C Spotlight!
- Waukegan School District 60 & Colleges In The Area
- Workshops & Events